Would you like to donate?
We have been asked why the NHA needs to fundraise and what the money is used for. We understand your interest in this matter and are happy to explain.
Even though we are still a fairly new organization we already had various expenses which needed to be covered, including the very costly small lot division law suit on the 800 block of Las Palmas. Here are a few organizational items which some members of the board have paid for out of their pockets. However, going forward it is necessary to share this responsibility amongst all of us; therefore the effort to raise funds through events and donations.
What does the NHA need?
- Copy Paper for flyers
- Meeting agendas/ Hand-outs
- Copying/ Ink
- Phone bills
- Website Domain Name (yearly)
- Website (yearly)
- Website upkeep
- Neighborhood Watch Signs
- NHA Insurance
- Fees for Govt paperwork including a possible $400 annual fee to IRS (this will allow you to write off your donation)
- Legal Advice fees (even without any law issues we will have legal questions during the year)
- Recording devise/ Batteries for minutes
- Fundraisers and Events (ticket printing, rentals, sound, etc..)
These are just some examples which have come up in the last few months. We hope this explains why we see the need to fundraise and ask for donations. All labor and time is donated by the board members at this time.
The SOHO NHA is committed to update you with any changes, news, crime, and other important issues pertaining to our area.
Thank you, and let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to your involvement in this great organization, taking care of our lovely neighborhood!
You can donate directly to our PayPal account, by simply pushing the donate button. If you prefer a check, please make payment out to South Hollywood NHA